Wednesday, May 8, 2013

8/5/13 Salamanca ➡ El Cubo de la Terria del Vino 38.6km


8/5/13  Salamanca ➡ El Cubo de la Terria del Vino 38.6km

Haven't seen much vino that's all I can say !
We started the day thinking to walk 15 km only, but we got to the town around 10.30 am and decided to walk another 20km. 
Little did we know that it was actually further than 20km. We ended the day having walked 38.6km.

Anyway, the terrain was good but the scenery was all the same. I took one photo today and that was of the town name.
We didn't believe this town existed as it took us forever to reach it.
At one stage I was on the top of the hill screaming the word for  Portuguese knife ( look up how you say Portuguese knife and you will understand) Cristy was behind me hysterically laughing saying she was going to fall down the hill if I didn't stop screaming. I told her to fall down take me with her and we might roll into this mythical town quicker! 
It was quite cathartic to scream, let me just say.

We finally arrived in the town around 4.40pm. We had left Salamanca at 7.10am.
When we arrived at this absolutely fantastic Albergue the hospitaleria gave us a small glass of wine some sausage and cheese. Then she gave us a small glass of some other spirit and then she gave us the little ceramic glasses as a souvenir.  

Excellent shower, excellent accommodation, excellent dinner, what more could a weary pilgrim want.
Oh my feet and I think Cristy's as well, are not very happy campers at the moment, but they will just have to go with the flow as we have 33km tomorrow to reach Zamora.





No comments:

Post a Comment