Wednesday, May 15, 2013

14/5/13 Rionegro del Puente ➡ Palacios de Sanabria 30km

14/5/13 Rionegro del Puente ➡ Palacios de Sanabria 30km 

Bastard of a day!
My feet hurt! 
Got hit in the head with a stone from a passing car and had to walk 30km.
Am I a happy pilgrim ? 
I am now, as I've had a grande cerveza and a pacharan.
Pacharan is a drink on ice, tastes a little like liquorice I think.

Hard walk today, long and uninspiring. 
Terrain mostly good, weather superb, so always try to find a positive.
Not many photo ops today. Some of the photos posted today are from Rionegro and the first one is from the church. It is of the cradles that babies would be left in. This town was famous for taking these babies. The second photo is of the Albergue we stayed in.

The Albergue last night was brilliant. I found it so hard to get up this morning as I was so comfortable and also knew I had a big walk. 
Tonight we are in Casa Teresa as the Albergue in Asturianos  only had 6 beds so we walked the extra 3.5 km onto the next town.
Teresa this beautiful lady has turned her home into a great Hostal. 
After our showers the 5 Chicas went to the bar for cervazas and tapas before Teresa cooked us dinner, she will serve us deysauno in the morning. 

Having a great time and can't believe it will be over so soon. We have now walked over 700 km in  30 days with 2 rest days thrown in. 
With 300km to go we have about 13 walking days left. 
We should be in Santiago before the end of May.












No comments:

Post a Comment