Wednesday, May 1, 2013

29/4/13 Emblase de Alcantara ➡ Grimaldo 21km

29/4/13  Emblase de Alcantara ➡ Grimaldo 21km

Freezing today !
I am colder now than when I walked through the snow 2weeks ago. 
The wind is biting and still intent on trying to push us over. Quite good terrain today and some pretty sights but the wind is vicious and all you can do is put your head down and push into it. 

We have arrived in Grimaldo but it is like a one horse town and the only restaurant is closed on a Monday. 

We are staying in the donativo refugio and it is really basic. Got the deet out and gave the room a good spray. At least the shower was boiling hot, thank goodness for the important things in life !  I think I will be sinking into the middle of the bed most of tonight.
We were so lucky to get a bed our friends Mario and Fernando arrived first and held 2 beds. There are only 12 beds in this refugio, so all the pilgrims coming through now are being put up elsewhere, so they may actually have a better deal.

Cristy and Mario are now next door ordering our boccodillos for tomorrow as we have another big day, 30 km with no food would not be good.
I don't fancy eating tuna for breakfast !

Most of my body is in pain, but as I say to Cristy it is a good pain. We are really working hard, but it is enjoyable, I know to some of you that is hard to believe.

Not too many photos to post this time as it has been hard to keep standing straight without being blown over.
Oh and there was another horrible hill, thankfully it was steep but short.










1 comment:

  1. Hello Cristy and jolante,

    I hope the message will reach you. Congratulations you did it. We come back eind of august forthe last 500 km.
    Jan en thea (with the wheelie)

    ReplyDelete