Monday, May 6, 2013

3/5/13 Banos de Montemayor ➡ Calzada de Bejar 14km

3/5/13 Banos de Montemayor ➡ Calzada de Bejar 14km

Absolutely lovely day today the terrain was good and the scenery was just beautiful.
Short day today as we made this a semi rest day.
A couple of large hills with rubble but it was ok and I managed to get up them with not too much huffing and puffing.

At the very top when you stopped to look over the landscape you could see the snow covered mountain, magnificent.
Down the other side and into some cows and donkeys. The local farmer was walking them along the path whilst he read his book, so cute.

The Albergue we are staying in is quite rustic, but so welcoming. The hospitaleria also cooks and we had a great lunch when we arrived, macaronis and tuna and then bacon & eggs. Lentil Sopa for dinner tonight and we will be well rounded pilgrims.

My aches and pains are subsiding to be replaced by new aches and pains but nothing serious or so I tell myself. 
Cristy's mega drugs are working a treat I am only taking one a day and it seems to hold me over. I get so much more pain after walking the bitumen.    
I think I will have to buy myself some to take home!

We will be in Salamanca on Monday and that is the halfway point, I can't believe it. It is going so quickly.







No comments:

Post a Comment