Saturday, May 25, 2013

23/5/13 Ourense ➡ Cea 25 km

23/5/13 Ourense ➡ Cea 25 km

I feel like I walked a marathon today.  A hill with a 19% gradient !
It was the shorter way by 4 km but the steeper of the 2 routes.
Cea took forever to get too but we are here.
The scenery and terrain were good today, and we walked through a beautiful sea of yellow flowers for part of the way, stunning.

Got friendly with some horses and the locals.
Overall, despite the hill an enjoyable day.
My feet are really sore but we only have about 80-90km left to walk. I think I can make it.
 Cea is a sweet little town after the huge town that was Ourense. 
A quick cerveza and boccadillo and its back to the Albergue for siesta.

I simply cannot believe this journey is nearing completion, I don't know if I am ready for it to finish. I think if you speak to my feet though, they are ready for a rest.
I feel like it was only yesterday I started it. We have walked through so many different terrains and met so many wonderful people.












No comments:

Post a Comment