Thursday, May 2, 2013

2/5/13 Jarilla ➡ Banos de Montemayor 21km

2/5/13 Jarilla ➡ Banos de Montemayor 21km 

We have arrived in the bath town. The tourists come for the healing water. Unfortunately for us mere pilgrims €60 for a dip is a bit pricey.  
So what can I say about today!
Probably as little as possible.
Bitch-umen all the way!!!
Can I just say I hate road walking. We got about 2 seconds of walking on nice soft ground through the trees.
Scenery, not much to speak of. Cristy has interrupted me here to let you all know that we had our first view of snow capped mountains. I have to say I was not inspired today photo wise, so sorry folks not too many pictures attached with this post.

What I want to talk about is our lunch, as we took a detour from the usual menu del dia, today and we had a hamburguesas and potatas fritas (hamburger with fries! ) The mustard and tomato sauce just tipped me over the edge.
OMG, it was soooooooo goooooood. It really hit the spot.
I could have eaten a thousand of them. 
We then finished off with this amazing cake dessert and coffee.  Sometimes it is good to take the detour.
Oh and of course our usual cervazas. 

We seem to have found ourself in an elderly people's hostel as the Albergue was closed due to the hospitaleria being sick.  We can't quite work out whether the older people live here or come here for long stints. When we were booking in some of the elderly people were walking around the town in their bathrobes, so I'm presuming they  had just been for a dip in the pools.

Semi rest day tomorrow as we only have to walk 14km to the next town. Hopefully the sun shines as it will also be laundry day.


Mario travelling  pilgrim style in Spain







3 comments:

  1. Give us the snow capped mountains! We can't even smell or taste the food! Geeez Jo! LOL
    Katy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. when the going gets tough eat hamburger,chips and cake..i like your style! Hope you had a good rest and the sun shines for you
    Sharonx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like you should be singing a la Julie Andrews... the hills are alive etc etc. Deb

    ReplyDelete