Saturday, May 25, 2013

25/5/13 Castro Dozon ➡ Silleda 30 km

 25/5/13 Castro Dozon ➡ Silleda 30 km 

Mmmmm what can I say about today other than,  I had a total meltdown.
My heel, which I keep telling Cristy that I have a stress fracture in, only because that sounds better than a sore heel, OMG was so painful today, that I did spend a lot of time wiping tears out of my eyes. Over work, over use, heavy pack, end of the road, I won't go on, hopefully you get the picture. 
Big day today, so that was the last of it.
20 something mañana then 17km on Monday and we will be in Santiago.

Scenery and terrain today was good. We were on and off the Camino for most of the day and most of the villages we passed through were quaint, but of course nothing was open and not many people around, being a Saturday. When I say we I was actually on my own as I had waved the girls off at the morning stop. I was so slow today that by the time I arrived they were ready to go. Walked some spots with Martin, but mostly on my own. Had a nice lunch stop by a flowing river so that was nice. 

Silleda is a strange town, nothing much to say as I walked through the backstreets to get to the Albergue, but it seems quite a modern town compared to most of the towns we have previously stayed in. I'm not really a fan. Much prefer the old towns and architecture.

Here's hoping my foot feels better in the morning.















No comments:

Post a Comment