Wednesday, May 22, 2013

21/5/13 Vilar de Barrio ➡ Xunqueira de Ambia 14km

21/5/13  Vilar de Barrio ➡ Xunqueira de Ambia 14km 

Some sleep in, up and on the road by 7.30am.
Oh well not too much longer to go and then all the sleep in's I like.
Beautiful Camino walk today. The landscape was stunning. 
We were in farmland that was lush and green and went on for miles. Lots of trees and flowers, beautiful.
Took a photo of a farmer with his cows and he patted me on the bum when I was showing him his picture, cheeky bugger.
The walk was good and the terrain was great. Only a short 14km it felt so decadent walking so little but we classify these as our rest days. 
I rested let me tell you ! I didn't even do any laundry, mañana !

The albergues here in Galicia are all fairly new and well run, so after 2 medioca warm showers the last 2 days I am happy to report I had a full on hot shower that blastered  out of the shower head. The beds all have great firm mattresses and as we are arriving early we are all managing to get bottom bunks.

Hamburgers for lunch, yummo, we didn't feel like the pilgrims meal today and Brigitte cooked a great fish soup for dinner. 
I'm going to have to really start cooking when I get home!  
Stop laughing all of you who know me well !!
Such simple fair that tastes amazing and so quick to prepare. 
Who knows, miracles do happen.





















No comments:

Post a Comment