Wednesday, May 1, 2013

30/4/13 Grimaldo ➡ Carcaboso 31km

30/4/13  Grimaldo ➡ Carcaboso 31km 

Another killer day walking on bitumen / asphalt. 
The beginning of the day did not start well for me!
The hose of my water bladder was blocked again. It seems every time we do a huge stretch my pipe blocks. 
Any-who to cut a long story short, I swore a lot and finally pulled the (insert swear word here) out and sat it on top of my pack. Finally success and an improve in my not so pleasant mood.

I met Jacques at the top of the hill whilst I was taking off my rain gear and he also managed to improve my mood.
I'm tired, aching, I think I need every joint in my body replaced at the moment, but in saying all that, I am actually doing really well.
Last night in the refugio the bed was terrible and if you don't get proper sleep big days like today can be murder.

After a slog up the hill, sweating and being cantankerous, oh, I was on my own, so not affecting others, there was a left hand turn.
Well my day drastically improved as the scenery was beautiful and the terrain became so much better.
Lots of beautiful cows and the white horse rubbing his backside in the flower shrubs had me laughing.

About a kilometre and a half from our destination the heavens opened up and drenched us, but we did dry off a bit before we got into the town.
Oh and the biggest news of all, No Wind today, perfect walking conditions until the drenching at the end.

Big day, but worth the slog, we are in an Albergue where the owner, just bursts into your room for no reason and then wishes you Buen Camino kisses you and leaves. She is very sweet, but a forceful old lady. We had the aircon on to dry our clothes and we got into trouble from her for using it. She dragged Cristy out to the salon where the aircon was on! 
Go figure.










No comments:

Post a Comment