Friday, April 5, 2013

The train was late

After spending a magnificent day in Paris, I decided that I would begin my Camino by walking to the train from my hotel. 
Piece of cake got there by following my nose, oh and a map !
The train ride was as comfortable as it could be for travelling backwards. So much for first class.
We were then held up for nearly half an hour, which had me in a flat spin as my connecting train to St Jean Pied du Port left me with 7 mins to find and then catch the train.
The train to SJPDP was late 3 mins so here I sit having made the journey.
Thank you to all my guardian angels who interpreted and directed this pilgrim.
I met a fellow pilgrim on the train from Austria, her name was Regina.
Her first Camino and she had brand new boots on ! 
Just let me say, I got out my foot pack, which probably weighs more than everything combined! And gave her some tape for a just I case blister fest.
Mum gave me a small torch before i left but as i have a head torch I gave her my spare torch as she did not have one. So the torch was given to someone with a greater need.
The Albergue L'Espirit du ChemiN  is amazing.
They held dinner for us last night and boy was it good tucker.
I shared with 2 others and will spend one more night there, before I head off.
Route Napoleon has been closed as it is too dangerous and heavily covered in snow, so today I will decide if I walk up to Orisson tomorrow or miss it and take the lower route through Valcarlos.
There is no rush on the decision as I have all day to decide.
I now feel so excited as my journey has truly begun.
I need to workout how to upload my photos as this is still a mystery to me so these posts will be a little colourless for a while.
Oh and I decided to bring my big camera and so far am very happy as the photos I took in Paris I am very happy with.

1 comment:

  1. Jojo,
    so happy you're there safely and ready to go!
    I love the blog - it makes my day - bon voyage mon amie xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete