Tuesday, April 23, 2013

22/4/13 Torremegia ➡ Merida 16.1km

22/4/13 Torremegia ➡ Merida 16.1km

Not much to say today. Good terrain.
Walked with Jurgen today and we stopped to chat to the local farmers. 
Well Jurgen did the chatting, I did the nodding and then we were on our way. 
My right heel managed to acquire a blister today !!
Definitely a rest tomorrow in Merida.

As I was walking back from lunch, yes we finally made it to a town for lunch, I did the biggest stack! Have a bruised hand ( read: very small can hardly see it ) so I was very lucky it wasn't any worse.
I tripped over my beautiful pilgrim sandals.  How I didn't break anything is beyond me. 

As I picked myself up off the ground, I don't think my stack had any witnesses, I realised I am tired and we are definitely due a rest day. I came back to the Albergue and had an impromptu siesta.  

Tonight we say goodbye to our friends as they continue on their way.

A selection of photos from the Albergue we stayed in last night and some more wine shots with the local farmers.
Cristy and I will really miss Giovanni, Brigette and Gunter. They have made the first part of our trip so enjoyable.

Beautiful Day on the frog and toad !









No comments:

Post a Comment