Friday, April 26, 2013

25/4/13 Aljucen ➡ Alcuescar 22km

25/4/13 Aljucen ➡ Alcuescar 22km

After an early night and a great sleep, up to start the day with some stretches.
I think this really helped as my hip was feeling much better after yesterday's horrible walk.
Back in the Camino spirit, really enjoyed the walk today.
The Cornalvo's Natural Park was beautiful.
The terrain today was hard packed gravel and much easier to walk on than the hard pavement that we walked on yesterday.

The scenery was quite beautiful with all the flowers out.
It's funny how many things go thru my head to write down, then when I come to write my mind goes blank.
I have been doing a lot of reflecting about the people we have met so far and really missing our old amigos. The new crowd is quite different as they are predominantly Canadian and American, one French, one Spanish and beautiful Silvio from Italy who walked on today.
Each person brings something to the mix but I guess those pilgrims you start out with make the biggest impact.
I have to say I just don't think I have laughed so much in such a long time, as did our first week of the Camino. So many funny things were said and done, that if I tried to translate them onto paper it would just not work. I guess you had to be there.

That's the beauty of memory and I guess I really don't need to write it down here.
But for you all reading this post it probably is a little dry and boring. 
Thank goodness for photos ! 









No comments:

Post a Comment