Thursday, April 11, 2013

The journey to Seville

11/4/13 Pamplona ➡ Madrid ➡ Seville

Up around 8am after a very comfortable sleep. I won't bang on about it as my former pelegrinos may read this and get jealous
Packed all my beautifully fresh clothes and separated everything that I would be sending onto Santiago.

I decided to have my breakfast at the hotel as I could also make my lunch for the train trip, sneaky I know but economical.
I was going to be very lavish and get a taxi to the train but I had heaps of time so got the bus for €1.30.

Arrived with plenty of time to spare and sorted out my tickets with the help of a lovey young man from Pamplona. He is now the proud owner of a kangaroo !
I bumped into Norman from Germany who had decided he was going to train to Burgos so he will be way ahead of all the other pilgrims we had met.
I had not realised that I had purchased a first class ticket, but oh my what a luxury. They fed and watered me so my attempt to be economical at the hotel was all in vein.

I have just realised I may have lost my Australian SIM card as I know I put it somewhere safe but I've looked in all the safe places and it is not to be found!
Will need to take my pack apart once in Seville and see if I can locate it.
I will be in Madrid in just under 2 hours so the adventure has well and truly begun.

Sometime after 3pm:.......
Arrived is Madrid and found Cristy sitting with the deros outside Burger King !
We went for a quick cafe solo & cortado and then went to wait for the train. Of course I didn't come up for breath in that time, yack,yack, yack!
Arrived in Seville and found the bus to our accommodation & we were helped by these to lovely older Spanish women who went out of their way to directed us to the street. 

The accommodation here is pretty good. But boohoo I'm on the top bunk, the lower level leaves today so I'm going to see if I can snaffle the bottom bunk. 
We found the pilgrims office as it will be closed for the next 2 days. We bought the guide book from them and some pins with Via de La Plata on them,  we wont be able to get them in Santiago. 
Had a great fried fish dinner washed down with a cerveza. 
Home to shower then bed.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, sounds great but hard work. Its such an achievement each day . Social life sounds good too. May have to go to Spain soon. Never been there. Hope the weather gets a bit warmer . Beautiful sunny days here at the moment although rained lots last week. Life goes on at work. Nothing drastic happening, although do feel that I need a little holiday. Your blogs make me a bit envious. Happy walking
    xxx Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo
    Luv ya work. Soo look forward to this! Enjoy your achievments and revel in the spoils!
    Katy xxxxx

    ReplyDelete