Saturday, April 20, 2013

20/4/13 Zafra ➡ Villafranca de Los Barros 20.7km

20/4/13 Zafra ➡ Villafranca de Los Barros 20.7km

Great Albergue last night and our pilgrim chefs Giovanni and Bridgette out did themselves.
Such a great bunch of people. We said goodbye to Jana yesterday as she has walked on and hello to Jurgen (Germany).

After a quick breakfast this morning we were on the road at around 7.15am. The mornings are so beautiful and the sun coming up is lovely. My friend the cuckoo was absent this morning so we must have been to early for him. On my last Camino I was greeted every morning by my friend the cuckoo.

Good terrain today and pretty scenery and we arrived by 12.30 so I think Cristy and I are getting a bit faster. We met Thea and Jan from Holland today with their wheelie contraption. They will be joining us for dinner tonight. Our chefs Giovanni & Bridgitte where collecting wild fennel along the way to make risotto.

There is nothing better than arriving at the Albergue, taking off your pack, boots and dirty clothes, having a shower and a lie down, pure bliss.

This Camino is different from the French Camino in that you do have to be much more prepared with food and water. On the French you can easily stop at many different towns for anything, but here once you leave town you have to wait to get to the next one. With big distances to sometimes cover it can be challenging. As Cristy and I get faster we may even make it into a town for a proper lunch, one of these days.











2 comments:

  1. i would say the wheelie thinie is a converted golf buggie very clever. you are looking great and relaxed.
    yoi are inspiring me and I am looking forward to my turn
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you and Cristy have decided to do the Camino together. It gives us all a great deal of peace of mind that "my sisters" are looking after each other.

    We continue to pray for memorable days, great sights, sunny skies and great companionship in your travels. Most important of all, may you both feel content and fullfilled, emotionally, spiritually and of course physically (get into the jamon and cervecas).

    Ben & Stephanie

    ReplyDelete