Saturday, June 1, 2013

30/5/13 Santiago ➡ Negreira 24km

30/5/13 Santiago ➡ Negreira 24km 

Oh it was awful when the alarm went at 7am this morning. What are you thinking of doing I could hear my feet saying. 
Walking to Finisterra and back, I told them. 
Well lets just see how you go walking there before you start talking about walking back, ok I thought!

Up and out by 6.30 am, poor Cristy last day and we woke her up. Hopefully she went back to sleep and had a lazy last day in Santiago before her trip to Cyprus.

I walked out of Santiago with a lovely guy from Ireland, Owen who had done the Camino Frances. The walk today was lovely and not too hard. A couple of hills only. 
I managed to get to my destination by 1.30pm, visit the supermercardo and have a plate of ensalada mixta, then score the second last bed at the municipal Albergue. 
Sweet ! Gone are the wonderful bottom bunks that my speedy Chicas secured for me and hello to living on the top bunk for a while.

Spent the afternoon obtaining information about the next leg.
Will need to decide which way to go, either Muxia first or Finisterra to catch Brigitte and Jacques, hopefully they will have a longer stay in Finisterra.

I now have 2 big walking days, so it's bed time for me and my pies.








No comments:

Post a Comment