Tuesday, June 4, 2013

2/6/13 Muxia ➡ Finisterra 30km

2/6/13 Muxia ➡ Finisterra 30km 

Interesting day to end my Camino.
The Albergue  last night was fantastic.
I have to say it was so calming and relaxing a real chilled out place to be.
The last couple of days have been a little stressful on reflection and loosing Fernando at the last 5 km was a little unexpected.
Anyway, I was lucky to meet a wonderful French couple who were leaving at the same time as me, so I ask them if it would be ok if I walked with them.

We made great time and had a break at about 3 hours. Another French guy that I had met the night before joined us and we had a nice little break. It was then on with our packs to hit the trail once more.

As we were setting off Fernando came blustering down the trail yelling and waving his stick at me. Initially I thought nothing of it as he was a little hot headed anyway. Well he starts yelling at me waving his stick at me and making out as if he wanted to hit me with the stick. From what I can make out from his Spanish and gestures and one of the french guys translation, was, that he had waited for me at the Albergue for 40 mins. I said to him that we had never made that arrangement and that I had told him I was leaving at 6.30 and that i would see him on the Camino and not to wait for me. I also explained to him that he had not listened to me and that it was his problem that he had wasted his time. I also explained to him that he had done the same thing the day before when he had chosen to walk the carretera and not the Camino. 
We started walking again as I was over all the yelling when he started to yell at me again. The lovely French people all scattered and I was getting pretty upset by this stage. I finally told him to leave me alone as he was really upsetting me and that I would see him in Finisterra. It was an unfortunate misunderstanding that has not been resolved as Fernando ignored me as much as I ignored him when we arrived in Finisterra. 

Once I removed myself from that unpleasantness I resumed my walk with the lovely French, also bumping into the Italian Chicas. We had a great walk into Finisterra where I managed to get my certificate from the municipal Albergue. The scenery and terrain was great today and my feet only hurt a smidgen compared to the previous day we made great time arriving around 1.30.

I arrived at the Albergue where Brigitte and Jacques were and settled in. I took myself out for a celebratory late lunch of pulpo, prawns, potatas fritas, vino tinto and a great view.
When I returned to the Albergue I caught up with my amigo/amiga and we planned the evenings activity.

Watching the sun plunge into the ocean at the end of the earth is a must in Finisterra. Brigitte had bought champagne and nibbles and we were off after a light supper.
We had the best time and it was a superb way to finish off our journey. 
We missed Cristy and Janet from our little group but we had a toast for them.

51 days of walking in 2 months 2/4/13 ➡ 2/6/13
8 solo 43 with Cristy.
St. John Pied dePort ➡ Pamplona 76km (4 days )
Seville ➡Santiago 1000km (43 days )
Santiago ➡Muxia ➡Finisterra 119km (4 days )

My feet are now happy as I will be catching the bus back to Santiago.
I am officially a tourista now !















2 comments:

  1. fantastico Jo - you did it!!!!!
    You must be thrillled amongst your exhaustion..go forth and enjoy being a tourist
    happy hoilidays oh & perhaps a pedicure to treat your feet!
    Sharonx

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations Joanne what a feat sooo impressed
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete