Saturday, June 1, 2013

1/6/13 Olveiroa ➡ Muxia 30km

1/6/13  Olveiroa ➡ Muxia 30km

Ouch, my feet really hurt today, hate to think how they are going to feel tomorrow afternoon.
I had a romantic notion of walking back to Santiago, but after today there is no way I would do it.
Enough!

The walks over the last 3 days have been so different.
I raced yesterday like a lunatic and got a blister. 
Today I think I visited every bar on the way took my time and boy, did the time drag.
Are we there yet ??  It was the longest 30km I have done. My feet bitched the whole way. Not really looking or ward to another 29km mañana. 

Terrain was good today, some blacktop but a lot of Camino through tracks. The weather was crappy though, misting rain most of today, had to use my poncho. The scenery would have been spectacular if there had been no fog, rain, low clouds and the mist. Hopefully tomorrow will be blue sky's. it had defiantly cleared this evening so it's looking good for a sunny day. Hopefully the wind this evening will blow the rain clouds away.

Tomorrow I will reach Finisterra and meet up with Brigitte and Jacques. They have reserved me a place at the Albergue, so at least I know I will have a bed. 
Today I walked all the way with Fernando, but lost him at the last 5 km as he took the carretera and I took the Camino. The morning plan was to take the Camino, but i guess he changed his mind. As a result we have ended up in different Albergues. 
He was wandering past my Albergue which is at the beginning of town, as there was no way I could walk another step, we saw each other and then went to the mass at the Church. I have photos of the church from last time and as it was closed it was actually nice to go inside. I even got a stamp.

 










No comments:

Post a Comment