Saturday, June 1, 2013

28/5/13 - 29/5/13 Santiago No Kilometres !


28/5/13 - 29/5/13 Santiago No Kilometres !

Wandered around Santiago for the last 2 days, had a bit of a sleep in both days and did a bit of souvenir shopping.
We walked out to the big department store on the outskirts of town as each of us needed a few clothes for the next part of our trips.

I didn't find anything as I was not in the mood for clothes shopping and I still have awhile before I need anything, so it was good to have a look around.
We caught a taxi back and I must say it was weird being in a car after so much walking. 
Let me just say my feet were very happy !

We went to the pilgrims mass again on Wednesday. Brigitte had left for Finisterra and I hope to catch up with her there. Our Dutchman Rian was singing at the end of the mass so we really wanted to see and hear him. As it turned out the Military were there for a special pilgrims mass. The day before a number of them had arrived in Santiago after completing the Portuguese Camino and we had seen them arrive so it turned out to be a really good mass to attend.

The day was dreadful as it did nothing but rain so we were all terribly lazy. The sky decided to clear around 6 pm so we took a walk back to the Cathedral and got some more shots and then found a fabulous little restaurant for our final Chicas dinner. Then it was home to bed as we had early starts in the morning, Janet to the airport, me back on the road and Cristy a lie in ( hope she got one, as Janet and I were up and gone by 6.30am) her train to Madrid wasn't until the afternoon.

Hasta Luego Santiago, I'll be back in about a week.








No comments:

Post a Comment