Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Thoughts from my training schedule (2)


I decided to kick the year off with a bang as i saw the year out with many aches and pains and thoughts of what was I really doing and could I do this !


January 1st 2013
Have started today with one goal in focus April 8th let the camino begin. Sitting here at cafe bones pretending that my trek has commenced. American accents abound !! So not the continental surround I am trying to pretend. My feet are already hot and swelling its 2pm and 26degrees I'm wondering if that may have a little to do with the state of the pias. I am quietly confident that I will make it this time and if not all my wonderful memories of last time and the simple joy of walking I feel will sustain me. So after my double cotardo I am ready to continue my training. Just stopped to tape up my feet, get to the hot spots before they turn. I also had something profound to write but alas it's gone. What a surprise I had when my 2008 pants fit me albeit snuggly but hey I'm on the road to fitness, I'm no fashion plate for Tumblr !! Must remember sunscreen next time. 8kg in the pack after no training for 4 weeks, sweet, no back pain yeah !!!!!
New Years Day Trek Training

January 10th
8.2 kg walked Clovely to Bondi and back 80mins 

Trek Training 
6th Feb
Bush so good to be back after the last term missing so many walks because of my back. 
10kg in pack comfortable and managed to keep up, just! First time have worn my new Keens boots with injinji toe socks. The boots and sock combo, so far, so good !
The toe saver socks

February 7th
10kg walked Coogee to Bondi return 2hr 30 min

Trek Training 
13th Feb
Urban jungle not a good night couldn't keep up, back painful felt like a big failure, am really questioning what I'm doing!!!

February 14th
Coogee to Bondi return (no pack) 2hrs felt so good 

The planning in full swing

Trek Training 
20th Feb
Another not so good night glad I went but again back painful and niggling light pack so am starting to worry big time and questioning everything especially reading back I should be carrying more weight, might do more on my Thursday walk as I'm not on a schedule !!!
Have to keep reminding my self that no matter what the training is it will benefit me and the Camino isn't a race, put one foot in front of the other and keep going. Also that's all I will be doing every day for 2-3 months !
5 weeks to go! Good grief !

26th Feb
Just loosely packed my gear and then weighed it!!!
Yeah Ha - 8kg amazing
So happy with that, will still need to look closely at what I'm taking but am very happy. 
The equipment purchased at last
Well that was it from all my musings along the way, the true adventure begins in less that 28 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment