Thursday, March 28, 2013

Last day of work, Yehaaaaaaa

Well the count down is finally on.
I worked my last shift today for the next 4 months !!
I am a little shell shocked to say the least and I cant believe that my holiday has finally begun.
All my planning and plotting and spending has come to an end and I fly out to Paris on Tuesday 2nd April  :-).

My last Trek Training with the Wild Women went really well last night.
2.5hrs and 8.8kms in  the urban jungle of Waverton, went down like a treat.
Last nights weather was perfect, with a massive full moon to look at, balmy air, and great company.
We had a lovely supper  to finish.
Finally last night I felt so ready for this trip. First time I've had my boots on for a while so it was nice to slip them on and have them feel like slippers.
Comfy pack @ 4kgs  a little bit of a cheat, but hey, I fly out in 4 days and will be carrying up to 12kgs everyday for a very long time, so took it easy on my last training night!

The urban hikers ensemble:
Took some of my new clothes on a test drive last night and feel like I'm on a winning combination. Lenser head torch, Keens boots , Injinji liners, Bridgedale socks, skins and Exoficcio peach plaid shirt, such a fashion plate !!! Oh and not to forget my mismatched hiking poles.
Wild Women on Top Inner West Group @ Luna Park
Thanks to my wild women on top trainer Jacq for the photo, that was a fun nights  trek.

A big thank you: 
Well I guess my next post will be from somewhere in Europe out on the trail of life, putting one foot in front of the other and praying that I make it up or down that next incline or massive mountain.
To everyone who has supported, cajoled,  pushed, laughed, looked strangely at me, inspired me, believed ,and just felt I deserved to do this, thank you from the bottom of my heart and feet.
I couldn't do this without you all.

I hope to write this blog on a regular basis but it will really be dependant on internet access.
Wishing everyone a wonderful Easter, be happy and safe.

Pilgrim Catastrophe signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment