Monday, March 4, 2013

Thoughts from my training schedule (1)

These were the notes I took whilst I was doing my trek Training, hopefully you will get a little laugh out of them. I just read that first entry, it seemed every Wednesday I had a lot of wind, lucky for the others i was really slow and no-one knew !

Trek Training 
9th May
7km Urban jungle walk
Incline 300 meters x 5 times twice 
So many thoughts , so slow ended up on my own, hence song choice in head, "all by myself", "one is the Loneliness number", back not to bad a couple of twinges, walked with poles, cheered on by dogs.  
Build up to 10kg in backpack sit on it for a few months then increase prior to going. On my own farting. 
3 kg backpack 

Trek Training 
16th May
Walked with the big pack girls 16kg mine was lucky to be 3kg
Did 2 hills, 3 sets of stairs, and one giant ramp that went on forever and I died at the top, fogged up my glasses and had to walk down the ramp without them, blind as a bat
Met up with the other teams as we had been broken up into teams of three
The big pack girls had to wear their pack, 8kg and above whilst the rest of us had to hold our packs over our heads whilst we did squats and lunges
We then ran 400m around the oval
By this stage I really wanted to die
This btw was after my brutal massage the day before 
Over the bridge we go

Trek Training 
23rd May
Bush wacking 6km 4kg backpack

Trek Training 
30th May
6km stairs & ramps with push ups
7kg backpack
The moon whilst doing sit ups

Trek Training 
6th June 
8kg backpack - 6km
Bush bashing in the rain, very slippery, my delicate derrière skidding down rocks finding every water well! 
Up boulders, thru muddy tracks, along paths looking at the king tide flooding the walk way. 

Trek Training 
13th June
Stairs, core, step ups, squats, walk across Sydney Uni, stair jumping, pushups
Sydney University Graffiti Tunnel

Trek Training 
20th June
Backpack 8kg -8km
Bushwalking from McMahon's Point across to Balls head. Old coal tunnel
Our beautiful bridge

Trek Training 
27th June
No walking this week as podiatrist investigating feet having scans etc


Trek Training 
18th July
Term 2 commenced but had a very sore throat so decided to give it a miss

Trek Training 
25th July
Backpack 8kg and walked in bush roughly 7km with lots of up and down trails. Stair jumping in sets of 5 so new trainer and different techniques. First time no pain in feet and I didn't double sock in my hiking boots, so think I'm on a winner in the feet department. Getting sick of the foggy glasses though so will need to investigate anti fog. 

Trek Training 
1st August 
Backpack 7.5kg urban training near Observatory Hill. Stair walking 5 ups very tough. Walked to first lookout pylon on HB. Then core work in observatory park. Runs up the hill x 10 times with pushups at each end. Sit ups +squats + lunges, hard going but ok, will be sore on Friday as have not done sits up for a couple of years now, will report on the pain scale if I remember. 
Observatory Hill whilst doing core work

Trek Training 
8th August

Trek Training 
11th Sept
Running Clontarf beach Indian file with 8kg in my backpack past drunken smelly cavemen with their dogs yapping and them cheering us on noice !!!!!

Trek Training 
12th Sept
Out of area walk coastal
11kg yeah I made it can't believe it and managed to keep up

Part (2) to be posted, i've realised there are quite a few gaps in my time line !

No comments:

Post a Comment